Unfortunately, sometimes something happens that may cause a disruption to your trip. You may fall ill, miss a flight or be in need of emergency evacuation. This hardly ever happens, however, we care about our customers well being and we aim to ensure that appropriate cover is offered.
As a Deoadventure client you will have the following benefits included in your safari package:
AMREF Health Africa
(Formerly known as the African Medical and Research Foundation)AMREF provides medical evacuations in the case of serious medical conditions. The patient is air lifted out of the remote area in an air ambulance that is fitted with equipment to respond to medical emergencies, including Intensive care cases.
Depending on the medical case, the aircraft may be fitted with the following:
- Cardiac monitor, recorder and defibrillator (Lifepac10,Zoll-M Series, Siemens)
- Ventilators (Draeger Oxylog 2000; Oxylog 3000, Siemens Servo 300)
- Pulse Oximeters (Nonin)
- Automated sphygmanometer (CAS Medical Systems)
- Automatic suction units (Laerdal Standard)
- Scoop stretchers and full body size, vacuum mattresses
- Slow infusion pumps (Fresenius and Braun)
- Endotracheal intubation equipment
- Chest drainage equipment
- Traction splints & neck collars
- Kendrick extrication device
- Neonatal transport incubator
- Paediatric and neonatal resuscitation equipment
- Paediatric Broselow tape and bag
- Oxygen masks with non-rebreather reservoirs
- Airways and nasal cannulae
- Intravenous fluids (crystalloids, colloids)
- I-Stat handheld laboratory
- Current ACLS medications; Snake Ant venom
Kilimanjaro search and rescue services
This covers clients who climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. Mt. Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and conditions are not always ideal on the slopes. Although accidents and emergencies rarely happen we prefer to ensure that you are completely covered in any event. Deoadventure Tours offers the services of KSAR – Kilimanjaro search and rescue services. KSAR operations are based in Moshi, to ensure they are able to attend to emergencies as quickly as possible.
Modern, efficient, and specialised helicopters are based at an airport in Moshi, ready to depart at any time in the event of an emergency.
Services offered by KSAR are:
- High Altitude Medical Clinic – specialised doctors at a clinic provide relief for altitude sickness.
- Pre-Post medical consultation – Medical consultation before and after each climb should you need it.
- Ambulance – make house calls to lodges and hotels after an emergency to ensure patient is comfortable and recovering well.
- MEDIVAC – medically equipped flights to transfer patients across borders for specialised treatment.
- Doctors on duty – you may hire a doctor to accompany you on your climb. Please contact Deoadventure to see if this is an option for you.
KSAR also offers free evacuation for porters and guides.
We highly recommend that you also acquire travel insurance. Things don’t always go as planned and as such it is better to be prepared in such an event. We do not offer travel insurance directly, but we have come up with a list of companies that do offer the insurance. Feel free to contact one of the following, or pursue other routes to acquire the relevant travel insurance needed.
- Redpoint Resolution
- Global Rescue
- Europ Assistance
- Insure & Go
- Knight Support